How to Use the Redesigned News or Notes Window Controls
The News or Notes Windows are more flexible with a new set of controls used for linking them to the underlying symbol that drives the News/Notes.
1. Open A News or Notes Window
FOR PERSONAL NOTES WINDOW: Click the Notes & News menu button and select View My Notes.
FOR NEWS WINDOW: Click the Notes & News menu button and select View MT Newswires.
MT Newswires is an add-on news service with an additional subscription fee. You can add it in the My Services section of your TC2000 software. Click Here for more information on the MT Newswires feed.
2. Select the Symbol drop down in the News or Notes
A menu opens allowing you to choose the way you want the underlying ticker symbol to be fed to the Option Chain.
Choose the item that you want.
- Selected symbol link--connect the News/Notes feed to the current symbol link color group (which will be the only symbol changes that switch the News/Notes window).
- Any symbol change--change the symbol in any WatchList to choose the symbol driving the News/Notes window.
- My Positions--show the News/Notes feed for each symbol in the active trading Positions list.
- All Symbols--show the News/Notes feed for all symbols.
- Symbol from--connect News/Notes feed to a symbol link color group which will be the only symbol changes that switch the symbol for the News/Notes window.
- Lock to symbol--News/Notes window will not change ticker symbol and only the News/Notes for the locked symbol will be displayed. (A locked icon appears in the News/Notes window if this is selected.)
You can click the lock icon to lock/unlock the News/Notes Window to the current symbol. Locking keeps the News/Notes feed tied to the current symbol. Unlocking will return the News/Notes Window to its previous symbol change setting.