How to Use the Redesigned News or Notes Window Controls
The News or Notes Windows are more flexible with a new set of controls used for linking them to the underlying symbol that drives the News/Notes.
FOR PERSONAL NOTES WINDOW: Click the Notes & News menu button and select View My Notes.
FOR NEWS WINDOW: Click the Notes & News menu button and select View MT Newswires.
MT Newswires is an add-on news service with an additional subscription fee. You can add it in the My Services section of your TC2000 software. Click Here for more information on the MT Newswires feed.
A menu opens allowing you to choose the way you want the underlying ticker symbol to be fed to the Option Chain.
Choose the item that you want.
- Selected symbol link--connect the News/Notes feed to the current symbol link color group (which will be the only symbol changes that switch the News/Notes window).
- Any symbol change--change the symbol in any WatchList to choose the symbol driving the News/Notes window.
- My Positions--show the News/Notes feed for each symbol in the active trading Positions list.
- All Symbols--show the News/Notes feed for all symbols.
- Symbol from--connect News/Notes feed to a symbol link color group which will be the only symbol changes that switch the symbol for the News/Notes window.
- Lock to symbol--News/Notes window will not change ticker symbol and only the News/Notes for the locked symbol will be displayed. (A locked icon appears in the News/Notes window if this is selected.)
You can click the lock icon to lock/unlock the News/Notes Window to the current symbol. Locking keeps the News/Notes feed tied to the current symbol. Unlocking will return the News/Notes Window to its previous symbol change setting.