How to Create A Condition Column
A condition is a desired behavior of an indicator or plot (e.g. price at a new 50-bar high or Stochastics crossing its %D.) An individual condition or more than one condition can be combined to create a condition column. Adding conditions as a Watchlist column will place the column in the Watchlist and a checkmark beside each stock in the list which meets that condition.
1. Select the orange Add Column button to the right of the last column
2. Choose Add Condition Column from drop down menu
3. Select New Condition Set
4. Select Add Condition in the Column box
5. Select from the categories of items to create a new condition
6. Select the item to be used in the condition
Use the type to search field to quickly access any item.
7. Click the Condition field to see the drop down menu
8. Select the desired condition from the drop down menu
9. Select the desired value with the value spinner (or by typing value in the field)
10. Select one of the four options to set the time the condition occurs
- Now: the condition is true on the latest bar/candle
- x bars ago: the condition is true the selected number of bars ago (e.g. 3 bars ago)
- within last x bars: the condition is true suring the selected time span (e.g. within the last 5 bars)
- x bars in row: the condition is true the selected number of bars in a row (e.g. 6 bars ago)
11. Select bars ago offset value
12. Select desired TimeFrame for the condition
The example used is MACD Histogram and is located in the indicators section. The same steps are used with any indicator or plot in the library.
13. Click Ok to complete the Condition
Click Save in the condition building dialog to add the condition to the Condition Library.
14. Click Add Condition in the Condition Editor to add the second condition
15. Repeat steps 4-14 above for each additional condition you wish to add to your multiple condition column.
- TC2000 assumes that the condition set is being constructed with all conditions set to the same timeframe (e.g. daily or 1-min). To mix timeframes, click the Use mixed timeframes tick box.
- When constructing Condition Sets, click the Copy Conditions button to copy conditions to the clipboard to use elsewhere in TC2000.
- Clear Conditions removes current conditions from the list to allow you to start again
16. Click the properties tab to setup how the column will appear
- Description: Name that will appear in the column header
- When True allows you to choose a checkmark, dot, or lightbar for the image displayed in the column
- Color selector for condition being true
- When false allows you to show a dot, checkmark or leave field blank when the condition is not met
- Refresh rate lets you choose how often to auto-refresh the column sort (1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 mins or manual resort)
- Font size slider allows you to increase/decrease font in the fields
17. The conditions are added as a column with a checkmark beside the stocks in the Watchlist that meet that condition
Click the condition column header to sort by the condition and bring the checkmarks to the top of the list.