How to Add Conditions to a Combo List
A Combo List is a special WatchList that allows you to combine multiple existing WatchLists (both system and/or personal) into a single WatchList. Any system lists used in Combo Lists will be maintained automatically at TC2000. Any personal lists used in Combo Lists will remain current with any changes you make in those lists. You can also add basic Pre-Scan conditions to a Combo List to filter the combined WatchLists. The steps below show you how to add Pre-Scan conditions to the Combo Lists.
1. Open the Combo List Editing window
Click the WatchList menu button and choose New Combo List or click the asterisk button next to the Combo List tab.
Alternately, click the New button and select New Combo List from the drop down menu
2. Click Add List
This opens the WatchList library containing all System and Personal WatchLists. Use the Search (typing shortcut) field to locate the desired WatchList. (Alternately, select a category of WatchLists and scroll through the list to select.)
3. Select the first WatchList for the Combo List
4. Click Add List again to add other WatchLists to the Combo List
Add multiple WatchLists from the library to get the desired combination.
Note: in the above example, the S&P 500 and Nasdaq lists are system lists; the Barrons 400 list is a personal WatchList.
5. Name the WatchList
6. Click the Add Condition button
7. Type to search for criteria to create the condition(s)
8. Click on the desired criteria to open the editing menu
9. Create the desired condition
Use the condition, value, true and timeframe drop down menus to create the desired condition. Click OK to save the condition. Repeat the process for multiple conditions.
- Here is an example of combined WatchLists (1) and Conditions (2)
The example here is a condition filtering for stocks whose current price per share is higher than $5, 90-day average volume is greater than 250,000 shares and the stocks are optionable.. Any number of conditions can be added here. (For more on adding conditions, click here.) Pre-Scan conditions should be thought of as broader conditions you might want to see on most stocks you look at.
10. Click OK to save the combined WatchLists and Conditions in the Combo List section of the WatchList library
You can also add conditions to the combined WatchLists in this menu. Both WatchLists and Pre-Scan Conditions can be saved together in a Combo List.