How to Change an Indicator Scale
Here are the steps to adjusting the scale of a Technical Indicator from one indicator scale to another. (The scaling method should be used to fit the indicator type appropriately.)
1. Grid line spacing
Hover the mouse over the Indicator scale
Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to increase/decrease the number of grid lines in the scale.
Alternately, click the name of the Indicator in the legend(1). Choose Scaling(2). Use the slider to adjust the grid line spacing(3).
Grid Lines drop down:
- Auto Arithmetic: flexible grid line spacing using scroll wheel or slider
- Fixed Arithmetic: fixed value set between each grid line
- Fixed # Lines: exact number of grid lines chosen
- Maximum # Lines: as many grid lines as can be placed in the pane
2. Scaling Method
Click on the Indicator Name in the legend of the indicator pane.
Choose the Scaling choice from the menu
Click the Scale Method drop down menu
Select the desired Scaling method for the Indicator
- Auto: automatically scales the indicator
- 0 to 100: scales the indicator from values of 0 (min) to 100 (max)
- 0 to max: scales the indicator from values of 0 (min) to whatever the maximum value possible for the indicator
- -100 to 0: scales the indicator from values of -100 (min) to 0 (max)
- -100 to 100: scales the indicator from values of -100 (min) to +100 (max)
- Center on 0: centers the scale on a value of 0
- Center on .5: centers the scale on a value of .5
Custom Scaling (Click custom)
Bounded by Top/Bottom: allows user to set a minimum and maximum value for the indicator
Centered: Median--centers the indicator on its median value
Centered: Manual--centers on a user-defined value and sets the height either automatically to fit the indicator or by a user-defined height value.