How to Save an Indicator After Editing
Edit any indicator to customize parameters such as color, appearance, period, standard deviation, and many other properties. Then Save the indicator with the customized parameters to the Indicator Library. This allows the edited indicator to be used on any chart with no need to edit the settings again.
1. Click on the indicator name in the chart legend to open the Edit menu
In this example the Stochastics Indicator will be used.
2. Select Edit from the drop down menu
3. Each Indicator will have a unique set of parameters that can be customized in the Edit menu
In this example:
- Click plot style to get the menu of different plot styles available
- Click plot color to get a palette to change the color of the indicator
- Set the indicator period and %K by using the value spinner
- Set the Average Type using the drop down menu (Simple, exponential, front weighted, etc)
- Use the Line Style drop down to choose between solid, dotted, small dash, large dash.
- Use the Plot Width drop down to choose from a variety of line widths.
- The slider changes the indicator's opacity on the chart.
- Data Source. Select from any plotted indicator to set the source on which this indicator is built.
- Enter a preferred name in the label field. That name will appear at the top of the chart.
4. Select OK to implement any changes
5. Click on the indicator name in the chart legend to open the drop down menu
Click Save as Indicator...
Click OK to Save the Indicator. (The label can be changed. Any optional part of the indicator can be unchecked before saving.) Click OK to save to the Indicator Library.
6. Accessing Saved Custom Indicators
To add a saved custom indicator to any chart, click the Add Plot button and select the Indicators Tab.
Type the name of the Indicator in the Search field. Alternately, scroll down the list and find the indicator in the list. (Note: Any user-saved indicator will have an X for delete next to the name.)