How to Add Comparison Symbols to a Chart
This feature allows you to compare a stock's performance to an index or even another stock. You can enter up to 10 symbols to plot on the chart alongside the main symbol, as well as the sector and industry averages for the symbol. They can be turned on and off individually and you can set different colors for each.
1. Right click anywhere on the chart template.
2. Click Edit Chart Properties.
3. Select the Comparisons tab.
3. In the Comparison Overlays window, place a check mark next to the symbols you want to be overlaid.
4. Select the color you want for each symbol. Click on the down arrow to open the color pallet.
5. Once you have everything selected, click on OK.
Checking the box next to Start all plots at the same point will allow an apple to apple comparison by percent change for the visible period of chart history.