How to Choose the Options to Display In An Option Chain
You can not only view an option chain for any optionable stock symbol, but you can customize the Option Chain window to contain the data you most want to see. Steps to customizing the option chain are below.
1. Right click on the chart and choose Option Chain from the drop down menu
2. This will display the Option Chain for the current active symbol.
3. Set parameters for options you want to see in the Option Chain
Expiration Dates: click the expiration date drop down menu and choose
- Show all Expirations (all option expirations available on the stock for up to the next 750 days)
- Show all w/o weekly's (all standard option expirations available on the stock for up to the next 750 days, excluding weekly option expirations)
- A specific option expiration date
4. Select the number of Strike prices to be seen for each expiration date
Use the up spinner for more strike prices; the down spinner for less. When sorted by Symbol (which sorts by expiration date) the number of strikes selected will be grouped under that expiration date.
5. Select the type of option to be displayed in this option chain
You can choose to view only calls, only puts or combine calls/puts in any option chain window.