How to Set Trade Notifications
Keeping track of trading activity is really important. TC2000 Notification tools provide a number of key ways to be informed when trading activity occurs.
When trading activity occurs, the Messages button flashes yellow. The number of new messages shows in this flashing menu button at the top right of the screen.
The window shows All Messages by default. Click the drop down and choose Trade Messages from the menu to open the Trade notifications.
New messages have an orange dot. The dots disappear shortly after the window is open to show that your messages have been viewed.
Details of the trade are in the message. (Time of trade, symbol, trade action, share number, price, cost basis and account number.)
To customize trade notification settings, click the Change Notification Settings icon in the Messages window. Choose Trade Notification Settings. This opens the Trade Settings editor.
In the bottom half of the editor, select the settings desired for each trade activity.
- Play sound: choose an audio alert to be heard for each activity
- Pop up a message: activate a pop-up message for each activity
- Trade Executions: pops up with details of completed trades
- Information Messages: pops up with information (e.g. general account info)
- Warning Messages: pops up with warnings (e.g. trades larger than user-defined maximum)
- Errors and Failures: pops up with errors or failures (e.g. rejected orders)
Pop-up Messages appear on the screen (no matter what chart is being viewing) containing the details of the trade activity that has occurred.
The trading tools work on either a LIVE brokerage account or a PAPER (simulated) trading account. Live market trading requires an account with TC2000 Brokerage (www.TC2000Brokerage.com).