How To Use The Orders Window With An Account
The Orders window is an automated tool that tracks current orders and creates a log of the history of all orders for an account.
Click the Trading Menu and choose Orders to open the Orders Window.
Review orders for the active symbol
To see orders for the currently selected symbol, click the All drop down arrow and choose Active Symbol. (Use the All Stocks setting to view the account orders/order history for all symbols.)
Spacebar through a WatchList and the window will populate with order history selected only on active symbols where orders have been placed.
View active orders
To view only active (pending) orders click the check mark next Active Orders at the top of the Orders window.
Sort the active orders by Dist (Distance to Market) column to see which orders are nearest to firing.
View order history
To see a history (log) of orders for up to three years, check the tickbox next to Today. Click the drop down menu and choose a time span over which to view trades.
The window now displays all orders placed for the selected time span (e.g. this week).
Sorting orders by column values
Sort (rank) orders using any of the columns in the Orders window. The example below sorts all orders in the account over the last 30 days by LastAct@ (last activity at date/time). This ranks the orders from the most recent order activity back.
Click on any column header to sort by that column's data. The blue arrow in a column header indicates the sort column and in what order (ascending/descending) the list is sorted.
Add Sort Columns
To add more columns to your Orders Window, click the Add Column icon and choose Add Value Column for the available categories. (Condition columns and column sets can be created from this menu. Also, you can Replace/Edit/Save column sets.)
Use the Search field to type a column name and pull it from any of the categories. Click on the desired column name to add it to the Orders window.
Click Add Value Column to open the Library of available fields. The Trading Section specifically contains column choices that apply directly to orders. Simply click on a selected item to add as a sortable column to the Orders window.
Order column definitions:
- # Active Order--number of current pending orders
- # Orders Placed Today--number of orders placed during today's market session
- # Shares Bought Today--number of shares bought during today's market session
- # Shares Net Today--number of shares remaining (number bought minus number sold) at close today's market session
- # Shares Sold Today--number of shares sold during today's market session
- # Shares Traded Today--total number of shares traded (bought or sold) during today's market session
- Average Entry Price--average price at which stock was bought
- Average Buy Price Today--average price at which stock was bought today
- Average Sell Price Today--average price at which stock was sold today
- Cost Basis--total cost of transaction including commission
- Market Value--value of position currently in the market including increase or decrease in price from entry
- OCA Group--a color block appears showing if the order is in an OCA (one-cancels-all) group and which group (by color)
- Order Distance to Market--distance of the order from firing stated as a percentage
- Order Estimated Amount--estimated cost of order
- Order Estimated Profit/Loss--estimated profit/loss if the order is filled
- Order Fill Price--price at which order is placed
- Order is Active--order is pending
- Order Last Activity Time--last time of any activity for the order (e.g., order placed, modified, cancelled, etc.)
- Order Quantity--number of shares or contracts in the order
- Order Side--buy/sell side
- Order Status--current status of order (e.g. modified, cancelled, filled, rejected, etc.)
- Order Time-in-Force--how long will order be active (e.g. day, good-til-cancelled, etc.)
- Order Type--type of order placed (e.g. Limit, Stop, Market, etc.)
- Position Size--number of shares held
- Today's P&L--the unrealized profit or loss for the position today
- Today's Realized P&L--the actual profit or loss from stocks sold today
- Total Bought Today--total value of positions bought today
- Total Net Today--total net profit or loss for position sold today
- Total Sold Today--total value of positions sold today
- Unrealized % P&L--unrealized profit or loss from average entry price on a percent basis
- Unrealized P&L--unrealized profit or loss from average entry price on a net basis