How to Create a Sort/Filter Condition Using Bid/Ask Spread or Spread % (Stocks)
Using the new Bid/Ask Spread or Spread % data, you can now create a condition to sort (or scan) a WatchList. Adding a condition as a Watchlist column will place the column in the Watchlist and a checkmark beside each stock in the list which meets that condition.
1. Select the orange Add Column button to the right of the last existing column
2. Choose Add True/False Column from drop down menu
3. Select New Condition
4. Select Add Condition to open the condition wizard. Select Choose Condition(s).
5. Type Bid/Ask in the search field
Select Bid/Ask Spread (or Bid/Ask Spread Percent)
Use the type to search field to quickly access any item.
6. Click the Condition field to see the drop down menu. Select Less Than.
Our example, a spread of less than .20
7. Select the desired value with the value spinner (or by typing value in the field)
Note: you can set the value with the slider to see the value as compared to the market.
8. Click Ok to complete the Condition and add the column to the WatchList.
Click Save in the condition building dialog to add the condition to the Condition Library.
9. The condition is added as a column with a checkmark beside the stocks in the Watchlist that meet that condition
Click the condition column header to sort by the condition and bring the checkmarks to the top of the list.
10. Optional: select other ways to apply the condition
Select from the Copy to... menu the way you want to apply the condition set
- Window in Current Layout (opens target mode with option to choose any window)
- New Filtered WatchList (Opens new window with default WatchList and sorts by condition set)
- New Market Gauge (summary of scan results over time)
- New Market Indicator (historical scan plot)
- New True/False Column in WatchList (sortable T/F column in current active WatchList)
- New Data Grid (creates new Data Grid with the condition set as an entry)
- Clipboard (copy conditions to computer clipboard for reuse)
For instructions to Save Conditions to the library click here.