How to Save a Chart Condition To The Library
When creating conditions from charted indicators saving to the library allows for reuse of the condition for EasyScans, Sorting, Reports, etc. Here are the steps to saving any condition created on a chart. Note: Saving should be done as the condition is being created.
1. Click Save
When the condition(s) set up is complete, click the Save button.
2. Enter a name and click Save.
The condition will be saved in the Condition Library under the selected name
3. Using a saved condition from the Library
To add the saved condition to any chart, as a column, in a Report, etc., click the EasyScan menu button and choose My Conditions.
Select the desired condition.
This opens the Condition editor
Choose the desired action from the editor.
Select from the Apply To menu the way you want to apply the condition set
- Scan Results (Scan in a new window)
- Scan Plot (historical scan plot)
- Scan Plot Summary (summary of scan results over time)
- Sort Column (sortable column in new WatchList)
- Item in Layout (apply to chart or WatchList in current layout)
- Buy (place a stock or option buy conditional order based on the conditions)
- Sell (place a stock or option sell conditional order based on the conditions)
- Copy to Clipboard (copy conditions to computer clipboard for reuse)
When you choose Item In Layout it opens target mode which gives the the choices for adding the condition(s) in one of many ways
The "Scan" button opens a new window to the default WatchList and scans the WatchList for stocks that meet the condition selected.