How to Add a New Single Condition as a Column to a Watchlist
A condition is a desired behavior of an indicator or plot (e.g. price at a new 50-bar high or Stochastics crossing its %D.) Adding a condition as a Watchlist column will place the column in the Watchlist and a checkmark beside each stock in the list which meets that condition.
1. Select the orange Add Column button to the right of the last existing column
2. Choose Add True/False Column from drop down menu
3. Select New Condition
4. Select Add Condition in the Column box
5. Click Choose Condition in the wizard
6. Type name of criteria in search field and select from list
Use the type to search field to quickly access any item.
7. Click the Condition field to see the drop down menu
8. Select the desired condition from the drop down menu
9. Select the desired value with the value spinner (or by typing value in the field)
10. Select one of the four options to set the time the condition occurs
- Now: the condition is true on the latest bar/candle
- x bars ago: the condition is true the selected number of bars ago (e.g. 3 bars ago)
- within last x bars: the condition is true suring the selected time span (e.g. within the last 5 bars)
- x bars in row: the condition is true the selected number of bars in a row (e.g. 6 bars ago)
11. Select bars ago offset value
12. Select desired TimeFrame for the condition
13. Click Ok to complete the Condition and add the Column to the WatchList
Click Save in the condition building dialog to add the condition to the Condition Library.
14. The condition is added as a column with a checkmark beside the stocks in the Watchlist that meet that condition
Click the condition column header to sort by the condition and bring the checkmarks to the top of the list.