How to Write a Personal Note on a Symbol
Personal Notes are a way to integrate thoughts and analysis on individual symbols or incorporate a trading journal. The My Notes stream organizes these notes historically. Each time a symbol is viewed on which a note has been written, the note appears in the Notes & News window.
Click Shift + N (hold the shift key down and press N on the keyboard) to open a blank notes window for the active symbol.
Alternative ways to open the Notes window:
- Click the New menu button and choose Note
- Click the Notes & News Menu and choose Write A Note
The Notes window contains five specific features:
- The ticker symbol (with the $ sign). Creates a live link so that the note automatically appears anytime the symbol is selected. Also, click on the symbol in an existing Note to make that stock the active symbol.
- The text field. Space to record desired information can be written.
- The attached chart. The note automatically attaches the chart as it is being viewed for future reference.
- The Insert Symbol link. Click to insert a linked symbol into the text of the Note.
- The Attachments drop down. Click to add another chart, Watchlist, EasyScan or Layout to the Note.
- The My Notes feed. Click on the link to open the My Notes stream with a full list of all personal notes.