How To Set A Trendline Alert
Alerts can be set on price points, trendlines, EasyScans, indicator conditions and even as reminders. There are pop-up and audio alerts within the software. Alert email and text messages are also available. (Alerts are available in all levels of service as follows: 5 simultaneously monitored alerts in Silver; 100 simultaneously monitored alerts in Gold; 1000 simultaneously monitored alerts in Platinum.) Note: delayed data also means delayed alerts. Real-time data provides real-time alerts.
Here are the steps for setting up a trendline alert.
From a drawn trendline
1. Click on the trendline on which alert is to be set.
Click here to learn more about drawing a Trendline
2. In the drop down menu, click Set Alert
3. OPTIONAL STEPS:
Set Restart Parameters to restart alert after it initially fires:
- Place a checkmark next to Restart...
- Select a time to automatically restart alert
Set maximum time for alert to be monitored
Create a description of alert. (This will appear in notifications received.)
Choose Notification settings:
- Use default settings (using the previously created user-defined settings)
- Create new settings (using specific user-defined settings for this alert)
Click OK to set trendline alert.
When clicking on Trendline in the Alerts ribbon menu or Alert Console (New Alert), user is instructed to draw a trendline and set alert from that trendline (according to the steps outlined above. These steps are the only way to set a Trendline Alert.)